Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yogi Berra ~ Quotes to make you SMILE!



As you know, I am big on quotes.  Quotes can lift my spirits very quickly and as a Sales manager, I often had several famous quotes decorating our meeting space.  The comments that I have received has been overwhelmingly positive so I will continue to update this series on a scheduled basis. I have published 3 posts with “Quotes to get yourself energized” and soon will be sharing with you Part IV of that series.  Today, I wanted to focus on one particular person who has inspired millions over the years with his skills in baseball and most recently with his famous “yogi-isms”.  Yes, I am speaking of the legendary New York Yankee Catcher, the one and only Yogi Berra.
If you are younger than 55, you more than likely have no clue as to the impressive records that Yogi Berra accomplished over his career.  He appeared in 14 World Series and was part of the winning team 10 times.  Yogi was a 15X All-Star and won the leagues MVP award in 1951, 1954 & 1955. Today, he is not only revered by those who were around when he played but also for the kind smile and his incredible ability to immortalize his words.

Whenever I read some of Yogi’s most memorable quotes, I can’t help but smile.  I hope that you feel the same way.  Here is a list of some of his most famous quotes…

“It ain’t over till it’s over.”

“This is like deja vu all over again.”

Phil Rizzuto – “Hey Yogi I think we’re lost.” – Yogi Berra – “Ya, but we’re making great time!”

“You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.”

” I couldn’t tell if the streaker was a man or a woman because it had a bag on it’s head.”

“You can observe a lot just by watchin’.”

 “How can you think and hit at the same time?”

Yogi Berra on seeing a Steve McQueen movie: – “He must have made that before he died”

“If you can’t imitate him, don’t copy him.”

“Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical”

“Nobody goes there anymore; it’s too crowded.”

 “I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early.”

 “You got to be very careful if you don’t know where you’re going, because you might not get there.”

“Slump ? I ain’t in no slump. I just ain’t hittin.”

“It’s pretty far, but it doesn’t seem like it.”

“It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much.”

“When you come to a fork in the road, take it!”

"All pitchers are liars or crybabies."

"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."

"If people don't want to come out to the ballpark, how are you going to stop them?"

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did."

"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

"I never said most of the things I said."

"It ain't the heat, it's the humility."

"It gets late early out there."

"I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house."

"Take it with a grin of salt."

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

"You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours."

"We made too many wrong mistakes."

I hope that one or two of these made you smile.  If so, I am quite happy, if not, you need to loosen up!

No comments:

Post a Comment