Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hooray for Hollywood! - Enjoy!


My “quotes” blog the last couple of days apparently were a big hit. I received so many positive comments that I thought that I would devote the rest of the week with additional quotes. Whenever you feel a little down, or are burdened with obstacles, take a look at some inspirational quotes and you will quickly begin to feel a bit better. Inspirational Quotes are something that have endured the test of time and demonstrate the power to overcome problems. Inspirational quotes have unique attributes which help provide us with the encouragement to move forward.  They can help support you and offer multiple paths to success. Inspirational quotes provide me with a way to remember key messages from high profile personalities and achievers who have gone before me. For my list of favorites, refer to my "quotes blog" on Monday and Tuesday, April 23 & 24.

Quotes can make you more energetic.  They seem to get the endorphins going.  Try to read a quote that is humorous without smiling….It is virtually impossible.  It is with this segue that I am sharing with you some of my favorite quotes from Hollywood!  Why would a business blog share quotes from Hollywood movies?  At the tail end of this blog, I will put my two cents in on it but in the meantime,  I hope that this brings some smiles to your faces and perhaps a tear in your eye as you think about some of these movies from the past!


“Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on earth” ~ Lou Gehrig, “The Pride of the Yankees”

“Houston, we have a problem” ~ Jim Lovell,  “Apollo 13”

‘I’ll be back” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger, “The Terminator”

“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer” ~ Al Pacino as Michael Corleone. “The Godfather, Part II”

“Hasta la vista, baby” ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger, “The Terminator 2: Judgment Day”

“Surely you can’t be serious”. “I am serious…and don’t call me Shirley” ~ Robert Hayes and Leslie Nielsen as Ted Striker & Dr. Rumack in “Airplane”

Toga! Toga! ~ John Belushi as Bluto Blutarsky in “Animal House”

“Yo, Adrian!” ~ Sylvester Stallone in “Rocky”


"Play it again, Sam" ~ Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine in "Casablanca"

“Tell ‘em to go out there with all they got and win just one for the Gipper” ~ Knute Rockne

“Cinderella story. Outta nowhere.  A former greenskeeper, now about to become the Masters Champion.  It looks like a mirac…It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” ~ Bill Murray as Carl Spackler in “Caddyshack”

“I’m King of the World” ~ Leonardo DiCaprio as Jack Dawson in “Titanic”

“Bond, James Bond” ~ Sean Connery as James Bond in “Dr. No”

“There’s no place like home ~ Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale in “The Wizard of Oz”

‘Show me the Money” ~ Cuba Gooding, Jr as Rod Tidwell in “Jerry Maguire”

“You’re gonna need a bigger boat” ~ Roy Scheider as Martin Brody in “Jaws”

“Stella” ~ Marlon Brando as Stanley Kowalski in “A Streetcar named Desire”

“Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates”.  You never know what you’re going to get” ~ Tom Hanks as “Forrest Gump”

Here’s looking at you kid” ~ Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine in “Casablanca”

“Frankly, my dear. I don’t give a damn” ~ Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in “Gone with the Wind”

“I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse” ~ Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone in “The Godfather”

“May the force be with you” ~ various characters from “Star Wars”


"You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender.  I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am." ~ Marlon Brando in "On the Waterfront"


"Go ahead, make my day" ~ Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan in "Sudden Impact"


"I wish I had a million dollars." ~ Young George Bailey in "It's a Wonderful Life"

“What? Over? Did you say ‘over’? Nothing is over until we decide it is!  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?  Hell no! (“Germans?”  “Forget it, he’s rolling.”) And it ain’t over now.  ‘Cause when the goin’ gets tough, the tough get goin’.  Who’s with me? Let’s get goin’. Come on!” ~ John Belushi as John “Bluto” Blutarsky in “National Lampoon’s Animal House”




You are probably wondering what if anything this has to do with business practices.  It has absolutely nothing to do with it.  However in this economy with so many qualified people out of work and suffering financial hardship, we need to explore things beyond work. We need to take time to laugh, to smile and be thankful for the things that we do have! Our families need us, health is important and the stress that lies ahead of many will be crippling. Do not allow it to happen as many of us are "re-inventing" ourselves for our next career venture. These movie quotes are meant to make you pause and reflect.  Think of a happier time.   It is only when we are able to be happy that we can begin to move on to the next levels in our life cycle.  Attitude is such a strong part of altitude.  Be serious in your career undertakings but also take time to relax and perhaps take in a movie.......

No comments:

Post a Comment